Daniel Von Fange

Life, Code, and Cool Stuff

Downloading May Be Illegal.

Downloading may be illegal. But 60 million people used Napster and only 50 million voted for Bush or Gore. We live in a democracy. If the people want to share files then the law should be changed to let them.

Aaron Swartz

I’m not so fond of “democracies”. If 51% of the people in a land want to kill the other 49% it does not give them a right to kill. The majority is no more infallible than the pope.